Monday, April 14, 2008

Angry doesn't even begin to explain how I am feeling at the moment.

Some may remember how unhappy I was with the Neurologist we saw here in Maine. We have since gone to Boston and the Neuro we saw there ordered a 24 EEG scan to be done on B to determine if she is having seizures. Rather than make us travel all the way to Boston to have the test done it was scheduled to be done here.

Oh joy.

Last week I waited anxiously the entire week to hear from the doctor about her results.

Monday went by, Tuesday went by, Wednesday went by..... you get the picture. No call. Nothing.

I call them on Friday. He is off that day. After explaining who ordered the test to be done, that it was a 24 hour scan not a 20 minute one, the dates she had it done etc. she tells me that there is no notes in her chart stating to notify the parents of the results.

Are you freaking kidding me??? Ahhhhhhh!

I specifically said, more than once, that I wanted to be called once the scans were read!

Unreal.

So this morning I miss their phone call. I called back, left a message. I get a call this afternoon and say hello three times when I answer. Nothing. Hang up and call back and I get the answering machine. WTH??

I call again and finally speak to the receptionist. She informs me that she did speak to Dr. Numbnuts and that he has read the wrong scan because there was an error and someone elses EEG was scanned onto B's report!!

WTH??? How on earth can a mistake like this be made? She sounded very unsure about whether the scans can be recovered or what actually happened. I am so pissed it isn't even funny. I will not put her through that again and now I'm not even sure I can trust the results. Who knows who's EEG it may be. I swear I hate that office.

3 comments:

Karen Coutu said...

I know I already posted about this on SMW, but I have to reiterate how I cannot believe the incompetence and it's scary that these people are responsible for the well-being of children.

I forgot to ask if you kept a notes on when you thought B's seizures may have taken place? Maybe you can tell by comparing your notes to the EEG results, if you can trust that it is indeed her results or not.

Sorry your doctor's office is making a difficult time even worse.

AnnD said...

Oh my gosh! That is so unprofessional!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Oh NO! I am so sorry. :(