Friday, April 25, 2008

Today has been one of those days! You know, when you just want to run far, far away and never return. Devin has been skipping his nice long nap during the days since we've been busy doing outside things this past week. I figured today he would be able to catch up on some much needed rest.

Wrong.

I did manage to get him to sleep, only to have Brooklyn wake up from her nap and start screaming when she saw me walk by her crib which of course woke Dev up. I tried for another hour to get him back to sleep but he just would not settle back down.

Oh well, my house really didn't need to be cleaned anyways. *snorts*

The afternoon has only gotten better. The microwave I thought was broken, turns out it was just locked. Cody had his permit test today and I thought he had a ride there. He phones at the last minute letting me know I have to bring him. Great. I had some adult company for a change that I had to run off so I could rush to get him there by 3:00. Once we were there I realized I'd forgotten some paper work so I dropped him off and had to run alll the way back home to get it.

He fails the test, which I'm not surprised about. I never once saw him open the book to study. Of course he has every excuse for why he didn't study but that's not why he failed. The questions were stupid, the correct answer couldn't have been the right one, blah, blah, blah. Typical. He knows everything. Why study?

Once I'm home I try, with no luck, to get B down for her nap. I gave up and just pray that I can get them both in bed and asleep for the night by 7:00 so I can unwind with a few drinks of the adult kind. Oh yeah, Cody needs a ride to work at 7:00 so it will be after that I guess.

Our vacation can't come soon enough. I am ready for a break.

1 comment:

Karen Coutu said...

Sorry you had such a rough day. Did you get to unwind last night? I hope today is better.

I told the pediatrician about how little the twins nap and she told me to just put them in their cribs for at least an hour and don't go back in there even if they cry.