Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tired....

again. I really need to try and update my blog during the day. I've been putting it off until after the babies are asleep but by then, so am I. ;)

Danyelle brought home a fairly good report card. A few A's, a few B's and 2 C's. She also got a 3 in behavior in her science class which I wasn't impressed with. Her teacher's remark was that she spends too much time socializing. She said her and Ema (Heather's daughter) talk during class. Brats. I hope she tries a little harder next quarter. I did tell her that I'd reward her with some money if she made the honor roll, now I'm wondering if I should give her a few dollars for the A's and B's she earned. It wasn't all that bad which makes me proud of her, I hope she keeps it up. She got her hair cut tonight. Don't know what she was thinking, she had gorgeous hair and she had about 5-6 inches cut off. She cried as soon as she got in the van. I felt so bad, I think it looks great but she thinks it's too short.

Today I had my first counseling appointment. It went well I think. I have so much going on with Brooklyn right now that it's difficult to work it into our schedule but so long as it helps Dale and I in parenting both our children and mine it will be well worth the time. Lord knows I could use any and all advice on the subject of rebellious teenagers. :(

Tomorrow is Wednesday, one day closer to the end of the week. I'm waiting impatiently for the results of her blood work. I think I've convinced myself that we won't have a diagnosis any time soon but I can still hope, right? I read an article tonight that some times it may take up to 5 years for a diagnosis and 30-40% of children with delays/mental retardation are never diagnosed. I pray that we don't fall into that category.

2 comments:

J said...

It must be so frustrating to not know exactly what is going on with B. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. Hopefully the couselor will help you out with all that you're dealing with.

Heather said...

Those brats better stop talking in class!